31 March 2009

Thesis work and more




I am incredibly grateful to have the opportunity to show this work in the same space as all of my friends in the Illustration department; I have never seen so much talent and dedication in one room. I am humbled to have received one of two first prizes, the other one awarded to Katelyn Lewis. Very honorable mentions were received by
Nicole Buglak, Chris Gauvain, Adrienne Langer, Graham Palme, and Dan Fishel.





Oh yea, and I got a poster done recently for Chaz Flud's ballet about the Jersey Devil. It was a new experience to have to work in print templates and take the company's own color profiles into account. Everything got sent out to print yesterday, and I can't wait to see what the stack of posters and postcards is going to look like. I also have a small (ed. of about 19) run of original linoleum prints that I'm debating selling at the opening. I need to take the time to set up an Etsy store in the near future.

No comments: